Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Poked in "The Public Eye"

There are good things and bad things that happen when you're "in the eye of the media." Now, by no way am I saying that I'm a media celeb but with a segment on WGRR 103.5FM every Friday morning as well as the latest blurb in Cincinnati Magazine, Nov 2007, I do get stopped occasionally in the Yummy~mobile and asked if I'm "the radio chef" or if they've seen me on TV or in the paper.

That being said, I was hoping for some good publicity from my small blurb in CincyMag. Lest you think today was all fun, games and good whisking...

Hi, this is Debbie.
Are you the personal chef? I read about you in Cincinnati Magazine and I'm hoping you can help me for Thanksgiving dinner. I want, blah, de blah, de blah....
OK let's talk about...
I want... and want... and want... and want...
I quote a service fee plus groceries.

CLICK!

Uh, hello?
And again,

Hi, this is Debbie.
Same thing, different person. Until we get to the end.

I bought a full dinner from Paul Sturkey for only $169 and he's a real chef.
Guess she put me in my place!

I understand a personal chef service isn't for everyone. But did Chef Sturkey come to your home on Thanksgiving Day, cook the entire menu of only what you want to your family's exact nutritional specifications, serve you, clean up and sanitize your kitchen for said $169?
CLICK!

Hi, yada yada yada
At least this one had some manners.

Wow I had no idea it was so involved and that you provided such a service. Thanks so much but I can't afford you at this time.
No problem, and please call if there's anything I can do to help you in the future.
As they say, any publicity is good publicity. I'm still waiting for the good publicity.

No comments: