Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Chef Debbie Says: Blame It On FaceBook

So way back in 2007 I started this blog. I was pretty faithful about writing ~ off and on ~ until 2011. Then I got lazy. Really, really lazy. Why? I found Facebook.

I mean let's face it. It's pretty easy to scroll through all of your FB friends' posts, quickly "liking" or sharing their Mean Cat photos. And, the IM feature is pretty cool if you're planning something you don't want your "other" friends to know about.... Like that surprise party I planned that I didn't want to invite a few "certain people" to. You still don't know who you are.

Then, my friend Sandy Webster Hall started a blog. A really, really good blog. Click here if you want to follow a super talented chef who happens to funny and full of a lot of the same no~nonsense, no holds bared, in~your~face empathy that you've come to love about me.

Seriously, though. Why did I restart my blog after more than a five year hiatus you ask? Simple. I am SICK and TIRED and seriously pissed off from all of the political nonsense, crap, downright bullshit, hate filled rants, women bashing, men bashing and other posts that attempt to pass as "news" or "views" that Facebook is filled with now.

I appreciate your views. I truly do. And, evidently I am one of the very few who can actually disagree with you but still like and respect you. Freaking novel concept!

So instead of my wasting time scrolling through endless political rants, photos of abused dogs that make me cry or asking for prayers because your turtle got loose in the house and you can't find it, I'll once again be blogging my scarcastic, sometimes witty but always truthful point of view. It may happen once a week or it may not happen for several weeks at a time. If you miss me in between blogs, you can always follow me on Facebook.  I'll be the one who posts irreverent, sarcastic, non~political cartoons, mouth watering recipes and just general bullshit about my day.

No comments: