Sunday, August 19, 2007

Chef on her Knees

A few months ago I was asked to be a guest chef for "The Key Event" which is a large fundraiser for the Community Foundation in Butler County, Ohio, being held on Saturday, September 15, 2007. As a Personal Chef and owner of Yummy~issimo! Personal Chef Service this is a huge honor. The Key Event is a major fundraiser where people pay lots of $$$ to have a celebrity chef prepare a gourmet meal for them. Guess they've seriously loosened the definition of "celebrity chef."

As a part of the publicity leading up to the event, they sent a photographer out to snap some shots. Now, let's face it, I'm not the most photographic chef to ever carve a turkey. Scott, the photographer, was not only on time, but he was early. He took lots of photos, some of me in my brand new kitchen (which I'll talk about in future posts as it deserves to be talked about and admired by itself), but also in the living room and dining room. He also took some great snaps of my wonderful Sheltie, Rusty.

"What am I cooking for The Key Event?" asks the curious food blogger. Well, let's talk about that. On the day of The Event, I walk into a kitchen I've never cooked in before. I won't know how many guests will be attending until I see the menu portions. Each chef in The Event is given 4oz beef tenderloin per person and a chicken breast per person. We are to serve salad, beef, chicken, starch, other sides and a dessert ~ all of which need to be beautifully presented, melt~in~the~mouth amazing and cooked to perfection.

YIKES! No pressure there!

Keep checking back as I try new menu items on my sweet husband, Tim. It's a dirty job, but he's more than up to the task.

Oh, by the way, the almost 50~year~old knees were cracking quite a bit as I attempted to get up from that position!

No comments: