Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm a Personal Chef...Of Course I Can DO Desserts!

It's that time of year again and all the folks who think that a Personal Chef service is a substitute for dinner at Bob Evans or Olive Garden are calling me.

I think it's a conspiracy to drive me crazier.

Hi, this is Chef Debbie.

Hi. I want to give a gift certificate for Christmas. I want 2 weeks worth of meals with no repeats for a single person.

OK. Let me make sure I understand ~ you want 14 single serving individual meals with no repeats.

Yep.

OK. The price for that is $$.

What! It's just food for two weeks.

Yes ma'am. Let me explain how a Personal Chef service works...
Click.

Hi, this is Chef Debbie.

Hi. I want to buy a Gift Certificate for a friend. His wife just died and I thought I'd get a Personal Chef service instead of flowers.

What a nice thought. I can do one week's worth of meals for $$ and two weeks worth of meals for $$.

I just wanted to get this instead of flowers. I thought I'd spend about $75.

I understand but let me explain how....
Click.

Hi, this is Chef Debbie.

I want to buy a Gift Certificate for my boss for Christmas. We're all going in and can spend $$. What can I get for that?
Happy Meals for everyone?

Well, what do you think you and your office workers want for your boss?

We thought we could get food for a few weeks or maybe a dinner party.

Uh, let me explain...
Click.

And, finally the best one of the day.

Hi, this is Chef Debbie.

Hi. I want to purchase dessert for 8 for Christmas Day. I'd like two dozen Christmas cookies in all different shapes and some Christmas candy. Maybe something exotic like Peppermint Fudge or something like that.

Uh, ma'am I'm a Personal Chef.

Well, of course, I know that! But I just want dessert. You're a Personal Chef. Can't you do dessert?

I can do dessert. Your price will be $$$$.
Click.

Note to self. Turn off cell phone and visit with Bacchus tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Well for THAT much money, I could eat at Applebees!"

I think you need a call screener to filter out the walmart shoppers.