Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Don't Care

Clients!

Gotta love them, gotta love them.

Yes, I know. Clients are the reason, the only reason, I'm in business. And Thank Bacchus for my clients! My Personal Chef clients are absolutely amazing. I love working for them ~ most of them don't even want to see a menu anymore ~ that's how much they trust me.

And then there are the party clients.

Sometimes they are a Personal Chef client who wants a party ~ appetizer, buffet, holiday, whatever. They know me. They trust me. When I tell them they're going to love IT ~ whatever IT is ~ they trust me. And they do love it.

Some party clients feel the need to micro~manage everything. I totally understand that as I micro~manage everything myself. Just ask Sweet Husband Tim.


Micro~manage mama, that's me.

The micro~manage clients are easy. You know they're going to second guess everything you suggest. That's OK. I always have Plan B. Or, at least if it's early enough in the day, I can make up Plan B.

Need to see the flatware again? No problem. Don't like the feel of the knife? No problem. Here are three more options to look at.

Need to change the menu 37 times the week before the party? No problem. And, chances are, you can change the menu a couple of days before the party. I've ordered 10 pounds of beef tenderloin for your event and two days before the party you and decide that you want lamb chops? No problem. Chances are, you'll have an upcharge from beef to lamb ~ but most likely you've done this to other party planners in the past and understand the upcharge.

Decide the day before your event you want me to provide the tables, linens, fine china, flatware, red and white wine glasses and everything else? No problem. Stress is my middle name.

But.

The I Don't Care Client will drive me to Bacchus's arms in a heartbeat.

Would you like beef tenderloin, roasted salmon or a seafood raw bar for your event?

I don't care.

What type of event would you like? A heavy appy party, a sit~down plated dinner or a buffet?

I don't care.

Would you like to use fine china, your own everyday plates or plastic plates for your event?

I don't care.

No, I'm not joking. I have an I Don't Care client party this Saturday night.

But, after talking with her the last few days I truly understand.

Three sick children ~ all under the age of 6. Sick dog. Husband traveling. Crazy busy work and volunteer schedule. Party scheduled for Saturday night.

I'd be the same way.

I'm having 26 people over in two days. Feed them and make them happy.
I can do it.

But when I get home very late Saturday night, I'm going to visit Bacchus. He won't care.

No comments: