Thursday, April 3, 2008

This Post Has Nothing To Do With Yummyissimo or Personal Chef Services

Today I had one of those "nice" days.  I like everyone.  I try to be nice.  

And it's very, very seldom when I have one of those days.  

You know what I'm talking about.  It's gorgeous outside.  OK ~ it's partly sunny, high 40ish degrees, with a steady wind ~ but right now that's freaking great for Cincinnati.

Anyways.  I was feeling nice.  

So.

I pulled into the gas station and filled up the Yummy~mobile ~ $82 worth of fill.  

Still feeling nice.

A car pulled in behind me as I was finishing up.  You could barely see the head above the steering wheel.  Think traditional "little old lady" behind the wheel.  The kind that scares the hell out of you when they're driving on the same road as you are.

Gray hair, legs aren't working as well as they used to, Coke~bottle glasses, and alone.  She reminded me of my great~grandma.  Yeah, the one who taught me to cook.

I'm feeling nice today.  Don't ask why.  There is no reason.  Sometimes I'm just funny that way.

I walk back and ask LOL if I could pump her gas for her so she doesn't have to get out of the car.  

It's the middle of the afternoon.  In the middle of a crowded gas station. Her response was something that I can't write for polite eyes.  

I didn't know little old ladies knew those words!  Well, actually G~Grandma DID know those words.  But that's a different blog.

Needless to say I ducked my head and scampered back to the Yummy~mobile tail tucked behind whisk.

Not feeling so nice.

You know what my good deed will be for Friday?  

Dear friend Beth will be here tomorrow.  Yeah!  I'm having a few people over to Chez Yummy for appys and cocktails.  Well, at least I'll feel good about that dasterdly deed!

Oh, BTW, look for blog party pictures and recipes ~ if I'm feeling nice.

And look for a blog about my next "nice" day when you're strapping on your ice skates in 200 degree heat.


No comments: