Monday, March 17, 2008

Yummy~issimo! Website Redesign

Words that should make you shudder!

Website redesign.

Just typing them gives me the whillys all up and down my whisk.

If you've been on my website before, you'll know there are over 200 recipes from my segment every Friday morning on 
WGRR 103.5FM with Chris and Janeen.

Well. On my previous server it would take up to
TWO HOURS just to input three little recipes. It should have taken no more than, oh say, about 20 minutes. Unless, of course, I input the html code after 11:00 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m. ~ then it would only take about 60 minutes. And, that's two hours every week ~ over 100 hours a year. Can you say sloooooooowww server?

And it's not like I don't know what I'm doing on a computer. I can write code. I have a background in design. I worked with DOS for Bacchus's sake!

Such fun. Such freaking fun.

Why don't I pay somebody to do this you ask? What a great question. I DID PAY SOMEBODY! In fact, I've paid that "somebody" $1,800 for a new website design. But, their work and response been as slow as their servers.

I
WILL be making the phone call today to get my $$$ back.

Moved my website yesterday and did a quick redesign. Well, not so quick. I'm still having trouble with my previous server keeping my e~mail.

So I'll ask a favor of all of you.

Please review my website for errors, typos or links that don't work.

Please click on a link and send me an e~mail. If I get it, I'll respond back.

The WGRR recipes still aren't on their page yet. I should get those done this week.

Oh. Did I tell you my 
Yummy~issimo! website redesign is just a patch until I finish my real new web redesign?

Such fun. Such freaking fun.

No comments: