Tuesday, July 8, 2008

CIA French Bootcamp

A Blog A Day For A Month: Day 8. Only 23 more days to go.

I've signed up to attend a CIA Bootcamp with my Personal Chef buddy, Debbie Burgess.

When I first told sweet husband Tim about this, he had a blank look on his face. Huh? CIA? Bootcamp? The CIA?

I've found that most everyone has the same reaction. Do you really think the government's version of the CIA would want a 50 ~ almost 51 year old ~ short, dumpy, mouthy female as a secret agent spy? Hardly!

So. To set the record straight.

In my world, CIA stands for Culinary Institute of America. And instead of spying on the French, instead I'll attempt to weasel their cooking secrets out of them.

And the "Bootcamp" part of this experience? Well, it will be like the sort of bootcamp you're thinking about. Our day will start at 7:00 a.m. and won't end, many days until well after 11:00 p.m. And, we'll be subjected to potential physical torture ~ from knives, whips and beatings ~ and I'll certainly arrive with a sense of insecurity and trepidation.

The biggest difference? Why, the food, of course. We'll be eating on campus at restaurants run by CIA chefs and sampling gourmet foods and wines.

Yep. It'll be rough!

No comments: