Thursday, July 17, 2008

A (Crappy) Day in the Life of a Personal Chef

A Blog A Day For A Month: Day 17. Only 14 more days to go.

Yesterday was not a good day. After dealing with clients who think that I might purchase some of their menu items from flea markets (see Blog dated 07/16/08), I was feeling pretty low.

Then the Yummy~mobile died.

I had an appointment downtown and drove back up to my end of Yummy~world. I stopped at one of my favorite butcher shops, Luigi's Olde World Market, and went in to get something to throw on the grill. I decided it was a good night to visit Bacchus and gnaw on a big hunk of red meat.

Got into the Yummy~mobile, ready to go home and visit with Bacchus on the back deck, read my book and occasionally talk to the hummingbirds before I had to start the grill and get on with dinner.

Well, the Y~mobile had other ideas.

As in it didn't want to go anywhere.

So I had to carry the steaks back in and ask them to keep them in the case until I kicked the truck back into working order.

The kicking didn't work. Go figure.

Sweet husband Tim was the first call. Yeah, I know. It should have been AAA. But it wasn't. It was sweet husband. And he came right away to help me ~ sad damsel that I was.

Yep. Feeling pretty sorry for myself about now.

My wonderful friends at Luigi's all came out to see if they could help. Nope ~ not the battery (it's brand new). Nope ~ not the electrical system. Nope ~ not the spark plugs. Nope. Nope. Nope. You name it, that wasn't the problem.

Sweet husband arrives to the rescue. Turns out, it's probably the fuel pump. Since everything else has been replaced in the last year or so, the fuel pump is the only thing that's left that's not brand new. Damn. That sounds expensive!

Today has to be better. No. Let me rephrase that. Today WILL be better!

No comments: